This sauce originated on the internet, with a substantial touch of André.
This recipe makes about 700ml.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 12 Chillies (I use a long thin hot Chilli) – (or Jalapenos, if that is what you are making) (Or a Combination of both Chillies and Jalapenos) Jalapenos make a thicker sauce.
- 10 Garlic Cloves (Medium to Large)
- 30 ml Salt (Course)
- 30 ml Paprika Powder
- 30 ml Chilli Powder (Can substitute with Cayene & Peri-Peri, or combination)
- 15 ml Brown Sugar
- 250ml Olive Oil (I use normal Olive Oil. Extra Virgin or Virgin has too much own flavour [Colin reckons there is too much oil in. But then again, he knows fuck all])
- 200ml White Vinegar
- 200ml Lemon Juice – Optional (I put this in)
- 30 ml Origano
- 30 ml Thyme
- 30 ml Cumin
- 15 ml Cayene (In addition to the 30ml Chilli Powder)
Moer alles in a Blender. Blend and bottle in sterilized bottles.